(No-Bake in a Muffin Pan)
1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then drained)
1 cup raw walnuts or almonds
1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours then drained
1 large lemon, juiced (1/4 cup)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk (see instructions for note)
1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tbsp peanut or almond butter
¼- ½ C. berries
• Add nuts to a food processor and blend into a meal. Remove and set aside.
• Next add dates and process until small bits remain.
• Then add nuts back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it's too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal. Optional: add a pinch of salt to taste.
• Place muffin liners in each muffin tin.
• Next scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp amounts of crust and press with fingers..
• Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. For the coconut milk, I like to scoop the "cream" off the top because it provides a richer texture. But if yours is already all mixed together, just add it in as is.
• You don't need a Vitamix for this recipe, just a quality blender. I mixed mine for 1 minute, then "liquified" or "pureed" it until silky smooth. If it won't come together, add a touch more lemon juice or agave or a splash more coconut milk liquid as the liquid should help it blend better.
• Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If adding peanut butter, add to the blender and mix until thoroughly combined. If flavoring with berries, wait and swirl on top of plain cheesecakes (optional).
• Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours.
• Optional: you can set them out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, but I liked them frozen as well.
Recipe courtesy of: www.minimalistbaker.com
Some classic recipes with a healthier twist!Click Here
1051 Eber Blvd., Suite 102, Melbourne, 32904, FL